Community Calendar of Events
- Meeting called to Order by Melanie Carender at____________p.m.
- Roll Call: Melanie Carender, Tresa Dye, Paul Carr, Hank Kaehler, Sheila Briggs, Chance Tatum, Dr. Clarance Benes, Tabetha Stevens, Kris Kline, Tracy Burnett and Brad Sewell
- Others: Tom Briggs, Chamber Manager
- Minutes for April 13th , 2016
- Financial Report for April, presented by Paul Carr or the President:
- Discussion and possible action concerning conversation with Ronnie Jestes and Rolling the Banquet into a dual event with the Rodeo Committee which might include a Fish Feed or Cajun Feed or other types of get together for socializing and announcements or standalone Banquet Idea(s)
- Discussion and possible action concerning the Boards thoughts on pursuing discussions with City Council about the importance of delving into a Zoning Committee and Zoning for the City of Pawnee
- Discussion and possible action concerning Guidelines for the use of the Chambers PA System
- Discussion and Possible Action to have Retail Merchants Meeting for future planning sessions
- Discussion and Possible Action to permit the Chamber Manager to periodically make Report to City Council on activities of the Chamber or events of the City…….
- New Business (items not known when agenda was published) in accordance with Ok. Stat. tit. 25 section 311 (A)(9) that is limited to any matter not know about or which could not have been reasonable foreseen
- Presidents Report: Art Show and other items
- Managers’ Report: Steam Show, 100 mile yard sale and other items
- Board Members Report:
- Meeting Adjourned @___________________________________
Mar 26 10:00 AM -- 86th Annual Lion's Easter Egg Hunt at the Pawnee Bill Ranch, 918.762.2108.
Mar 27 6:30 AM Easter Sunrise Service & Breakfast at the Pawnee Bill Ranch, 918.762.2513.
Apr 28 Chamber of Commerce Banquet, Grade School Cafertorium 6:30 PM. Advance Tickets at the Chamber office.
May 6 - 7 100 MILE Citywide Yard Sale: Tour: Cleveland, Hominy, Mannford, Pawnee, Hallet, Glencoe, Jennings and Ralston. This is a city wide event. Call Chamber Office for information: 918-762--2108.
May 6 - 8 OST&GEA Steam and Gas Engine Show at the Steam Engine Park, 918.926.0435 or 918.762.2108.
May 28 Bath House & Water Park opens for the summer (until Pawnee Schools start). 918.762.2658. 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm 7 days per week, late swims on Tues & Thurs.
June 10 & 11 Pawnee Bill's Wild West Show:
4:00 PM -- Downtown Parade
5:00 PM -- Barbecue Dinner
6:30 PM -- Pre-Show, Saturday only
7:30 PM -- Pawnee Bill's Original Wild West Show at the Pawnee Bill Ranch. For more information call 918.762.2513 or 918.762.2108.
TBD Pawnee Foundation for Academic Excellence Golf Tournament @ Pawnee Golf Course, 5:30 PM. For information call 918.762.3785
TBD Distinguished Young Women Program (Jr. Miss), Pawnee High School Auditorum 7:00PM. 918.762.2108.
TBA Jr. Mister Program, Pawnee High School Auditorum 7:00PM. 918.762.2108.
Jun 30- Jul 3 70th Annual Pawnee Veteran's Homecoming. 8:00PM Memorial Stadium (Free).
Jul 2 Ride-in Breakfast -- 7:00AM Ride from Court House to Lakeside Arena.
Jul 2 Pawnee Indian Veteran's Parade -- Noon, downtown Pawnee.
Jul 3 Hawk Chief 5K Run -- 8:00AM Pawnee High School Football Field, 918.762-4045.
July 4 Independence Day Celebration:
* Games on the Square and Turtle Races, starting 8:00am. 918.762.3269.
* Fireworks on the Square. At 10:00 pm, call 918-762-2108 for information.
PMR RODEO WEEK
Aug. 11, 12, & 13 7:30 PM-Nightly-Pawnee Bill Memorial Rodeo with dancing nightly at the Pawnee Lakeside Arena. 918-762-2108 for information.
Aug. 8 Pawnee Bill Memorial Rodeo Parade at NOON through downtown Pawnee .
Sept 7 - 10 Pawnee County Free Fair at the Fairgrounds 918.762.2735.
Oct 8 10:00 AM-Dick Tracy Birthday, Court House Square, Police Parade and Birthday Cake. 918-762-4681.
Note: Other events are being planned to coincide with this celebration.
Oct 22 Scary Stories Event, Pawnee Bill Mansion, 6:30-9:00 pm. Approximately 5 storytellers (10 min. each). Treats & decorations, $3/person. Reservations required. 918.762.2513.
5:30 PM--Festival of Lights Parade, Downtown Pawnee
6:00 PM--Arrival of Santa with visitations at the Buffalo Theatre 918.762.2108.
Dec 31 11:00 PM--Courthouse Square Ball Drop Celebration with Bon Fire, black-eyed Peas, Hot Chocolate, Lighted Ball Drop, and Fireworks. 918.762.2108.
For more information, please contact the Pawnee Community Chamber of Commerce at:
918.762.2108 or E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10:00 AM-Dick Tracy Birthday, Court House Square, Police Parade and Birthday Cake. 918-762-4681
Note: Other events are being planned to coincide with this celebration